2012, a heavily prophesized year. Some say it will be the last year on earth. Others say, it will be the year Arts The Beatdoctor releases a new record.
While both statements might come true, you can help out with the second one; I’m looking for your one-of-a-kind voices. I’d like to be inspired by outside influences, so I decided to ask everybody who is interested to send in a recording. Who knows, your voice might end up in an Arts The Beatdoctor track. Expect it to be cut up, reversed, bit-crushed and violated in other harsh but creative ways…
Make sure to upload your voices before February 1st 2012.
Steps to make it work:
- Make a recording of your voice. The length should be in between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. Please record in one take, without a backing track (so, record “acapella”). You can sing, record a poem, whatever you feel like. You can record in any language, or even record something without words.
- Name your file: “artsapella *yourname*”.
- Take a deep breath and upload the recording via artsthebeatdoctor.wetransfer.com. In the WeTransfer comment field, add your full name, and how you would like to be credited (your own name or pseudonym).
- If your recording ends up in an Arts The Beatdoctor song, you will be notified. You will get a free digital copy of the release. You will be credited as “additional vocals by…” You can register your share in the song at your country’s musicians’ rights organisation (in Holland, this is SENA for example). This way you will receive a percentage of every time the song is played on the radio. There are no other rights associated with the use of your voice: By sending in your submission, you implicitly give Arts The Beatdoctor the right to use it as a sample without additional payment being required..
- Now do a little dance! You’ll soon receive a confirmation e-mail.
(note: The guys at WeTransfer have decided to support the project and have provided a dedicated upload channel, making the upload process somewhat easier. Thanks guys!)